Right now we have placed the price per student at $675. This is made up of 2 main components: The quote that was provided by the tour company that we are working with and our transportation costs.
The quote from the tour company includes the following:
- Competition participation including awards at JFK Presidential Library
- Hotel Accommodations (4 students to a room)
- Breakfast each morning @ hotel
- Dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe
- Spirit of Boston Dinner Cruise
- Dinner at Fire & Ice Grill
- Freedom Trail Walking Tour
- Duck Boat Tour
- Evening Hotel Security Guard
The inclusive quote from the tour company is about $540 per student.
Our transportation costs include the following:
- 2 charter buses for 4 days each
- Hotel Accommodations for 2 drivers
- Driver's Gratuity
The cost for transportation is about $130 per student.
We also plan on getting breakfast for the students to bring on the bus the day we leave and we usually get a trip t-shirt. This brings our estimated max cost to $675. This number is based upon the average number of students that have attended the trip over the past few years.
I am working with the students and Music Sponsors on fund raising that will bring the cost of the trip down for everyone attending. So far the Music Sponsors have pledged 50% of the snack stand proceeds from the two playoff football games and we are working on a Barnes & Noble fundraiser. The goal is to cap the student cost at $675 and then to ultimately bring the cost down as much as possible.
I hope this helps clear up any questions.