1. No uniforms. Please dress warm and comfortable. Rain gear will be distributed before we leave and must be worn at all times. They will be our uniform for the game.
2. No halftime performance. It's not worth bringing out all of the equipment just to get it soaked, especially when we need most of it for the concert. (Pit crew parents, you are off the hook for this one. Thanks for a great season. Staying home where it's warm and dry in your reward!)
3. No batteries, amps, or speakers. Grab cowbells and extra cymbals.
4. Woodwinds should keep instruments dry any way possible. Keep them under your coat or consider bringing a towel to cover it. If it's really bad they are staying in the cases. Bari Sax players should bring an an alto or I will see if I have extra working school horns. Once again we need these instruments in working order and won't have time to send out for repairs if they get water damaged.
5. Percussion. I'm trying to see if I have enough large clear garbage bags to cover the drums. If you have any please bring some.
Once again we are not talking about the annoying spritz that was Thanksgiving but the possibility of soaking rain. The Jackson band is also making these changes and have decided to forgo the pregame.